Maple-Glazed Pressure Cooker Carrots
Tender, bright and flavorful, these carrots taste like sweet potatoes… but they’re not!
They were so easy to make, that I could not even justify four squares in my step-by-step photos!
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|2 L or larger||none||3-4 min.||Low(1)||Normal|
Pressure Cooker Tricky Carrots
Author: hip pressure cooking
Recipe type: pressure cooker
- 2 lbs or 1k Carrots, peeled and thickly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup raisins
- pepper to taste
- Wash, peel and slice the carrots thickly on the diagonal.
- Put the carrots, raisins and one cup of water in the pressure cooker.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. For stove top pressure cookers, turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes at low pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- While the carrots are straining, in the still-warm pressure melt the butter and maple syrup. Mix well, add the strained carrots and delicately coat them. Serve with freshly cracked pepper.