Ooops! AD Blocker Detected
This content is FREE because it is supported by advertisements. Please deactivate - or white-list our site - with your Ad blocker to read it. HIP PRESSURE COOKING HAS SPECIFICALLY BLOCKED ADS FOR: tobacco, alcohol, adult content, dating sites, casino games, gambling, social casino games, references to sexuality, cosmetic procedures & body modifications, get rich quick, black magic and astrology. In addition, we have selected that our ad network, Google Adsense, not show "takeover" or "expanding" ads. Those are annoying - and we won't subject you to those, either. We appreciate your support and hope you'll find the recipes and info worthwhile the small bother of ads. Ciao! L
Stewed peas are “out” because no one cooks a vegetable until it’s brown, mushy and almost irecognizable anymore. We want green, al dente and delicious veggies! Stewing them in beer for just a minute in the pressure cooker brings them back “in” style!
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|6 L or larger||steamer basket, heat-proof bowl(s)||1 min.||High(2)||Normal|
- 4 oz (100 g) Smoked Pancetta (or Bacon), diced
- 1 Green Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (450 g) Peas (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup of Beer
- 1 Tbsp. Mint (fresh or dried),
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Prepare your pressure cooker by adding a trivet, or steamer basket, to keep the heat proof dish from touching the bottom of the cooker.
- Add two cups of water to the pressure cooker and set aside.
- Lay out the pancetta and half of the green onion in the heat-proof and flame-proof dish. Put the dish directly on the heat at the lowest flame to melt the fat. When the pancetta starts to sizzle (in about 5 minutes) turn off the flame and add the beer. Scrape lightly on the bottom to incorporate the brown juicy bits in the liquid. Add a pinch of salt, and peas. Mix well and and cover with tin foil.
- Before lowering the heat proof dish insert into the pressure cooker, if your insert does not have a handle, make foil helper handles to facilitate pulling it in and out of your pan.
- Close and lock the lid and turn the heat to high. When the pan reaches pressure, lower the heat to low and count 1 minutes cooking time.
- When time is up, release all the pressure.
- Sitr in the butter, mint, pepper and any additional salt to taste. Transfer to erving dish immediately to stop the cooking.