Prosciutto-wrapped Asparagus Canes
Super easy and fast to make, pressure steaming the prosciutto and the asparagus together give each a more intense flavor! Though asparagus should usually be cooked at low pressure, a quick burst of high pressure allows the prosciutto to sweat and become lightly crispy.
This recipe is usually made on the grill or in the oven, but in the pressure cooker it does not require any extra oil or salt; nor, is there any the chance the asparagus will still be raw, woody or dried out.If you have a low, wide pressure pan or pressure cooker this would be the perfect size pressure cooker to use for this recipe! The extra surface area lets you keep the asparagus spears long!
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|Large pan or larger||Steamer Basket||2-3 min.||High (2)||Normal|
- 1lb (500g) thick Asparagus
- 8oz (225g) thinly sliced Prosciutto
- Prepare the pressure cooker by adding the minimum amount of water (1 to 2 cups) and set aside.
- Wrap the asparagus spears in prosciutto. Lay any extra un-wrapped spears in a single layer along the bottom of the steamer basket - they serve as an additional trivet for the prosciutto and mean that you will not need to oil the steamer basket to prevent the prosciutto from sticking.
- Then, lay the prosciutto-wrapped asparagus on top in a single layer, too. Place the basket inside the pressure cooker and close and lock the lid. Turn the heat up high and when the pan reaches pressure, lower the heat and count 2-3 minutes cooking time at HIGH pressure.
- When time is up, open the pressure cooker with the Normal Release method.
- Remove the steamer basket immediately and place the asparagus on a serving platter so they are no longer cooked by residual heat from the pressure cooker.
- Serve warm or room temperature.