The sprouts taste buttery when paired with tarty pomegranate and toasted pine nuts and the color combination is perfect for a winter table.
|Pr. Cook Time
|6 L or larger
Pressure Cooker Brussels Sprouts with Pomagranate and Pine Nuts
Author: hip pressure cooking
Recipe type: Side, Pressure Cooker
- 1 pound (500g) Brussels Sprouts
- ¼ cup (40g) of Pine Nuts, toasted
- 1 Pomegranate
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove the outer leaves and trim the stems of the washed Brussels Sprouts. Cut the largest ones in half to get them to a uniform size for even cooking.
- Prepare the pressure cooker by pouring in one cup of water, and adding the steamer basket. Put the sprouts in the basket.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 3 minutes at high pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- Move the sprouts to a serving dish and dress in olive oil, salt and pepper prior to sprinkling with toasted pine nuts and pomegranate seeds.
- Serve warm or room temperature.