This side dish will brighten up your winter table. When my husband tasted it his eye-brows hit the ceiling. The spicy citrus vinaigrette gives this steamed vegetable side dish bim, bam and boom! And makes it the perfect accompaniment to any white meat or fish dish.
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|6 L or larger||steamer basket, heat-proof bowl(s)||6 min.||Low(1)||Normal|
- 1 Small Cauliflower, florets divided
- 1 Small Romanesco Cauliflower, florets divided
- 1 pound (500g) Broccoli
- 2 Seedless Oranges, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 Orange, zested and squeezed
- 4 Anchovies
- 1 Hot Pepper (fresh if possible), sliced or chopped according to preference
- 1 tablespoon Capers conserved in salt and un-rinsed
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In the vinaigrette container add the orange zest and juice, anchovies, hot pepper, capers, olive oil and salt and pepper. You can either chop them finely or leave them all whole (except for the hot pepper) depending on the preferences at your dinner table.
- Give the container a good shake and set aside.
- Peel the oranges either by hand or with a knife, removing all the little hanging white piths. Then, slice it thinly cross-wise.
- If your oranges are not seedless, pick the seeds out of the slices and set aside.
- Prepare your pressure cooker by adding one cup of water to the bottom, and placing the steamer basket, inside.
- Add all of the florets into the steamer basket.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 6 minutes at LOW pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- Transfer the florets to a serving dish, interleave with orange slices, give the vinaigrette another good shake and pour on top.