This side dish will brighten up your winter table. When my husband tasted it his eye-brows hit the ceiling. The spicy citrus vinaigrette gives this steamed vegetable side dish bim, bam and boom! And makes it the perfect accompaniment to any white meat or fish dish.
|Pressure Cooker||Accessories||Pr. Cook Time||Pr. Level||Open|
|3 L or larger||steamer basket, heat-proof bowl(s)||6 min.||Low(1)||Normal|
Spicy Cauliflower Citrus Salad Pressure Cooker Recipe
Author: hip pressure cooking
Recipe type: pressure cooker
Begin by making the citrus vinaigrette so that all of the ingredients have time to macerate together in a little container you can then seal to shake.
- 1 Small Cauliflower, florets divided
- 1 Small Romanesco Cauliflower, florets divided
- 1 pound (500g) Broccoli
- 2 Seedless Oranges, peeled and sliced thinly
For the Vinaigrette :
- 1 Orange, zested and squeezed
- 4 Anchovies
- 1 Hot Pepper (fresh if possible), sliced or chopped according to preference
- 1 tablespoon Capers conserved in salt and un-rinsed
- 4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- In the vinaigrette container add the orange zest and juice, anchovies, hot pepper, capers, olive oil and salt and pepper. You can either chop them finely or leave them all whole (except for the hot pepper) depending on the preferences at your dinner table.
- Give the container a good shake and set aside.
- Peel the oranges either by hand or with a knife, removing all the little hanging white piths. Then, slice it thinly cross-wise.
- If your oranges are not seedless, pick the seeds out of the slices and set aside.
- Prepare your pressure cooker by adding one cup of water to the bottom, and placing the steamer basket, inside.
- Add all of the florets into the steamer basket.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker. Turn the heat up to high and when the cooker reaches pressure, lower to the heat to the minimum required by the cooker to maintain pressure. Cook for 6 minutes at LOW pressure.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- Transfer the florets to a serving dish, interleave with orange slices, give the vinaigrette another good shake and pour on top.
Loks great – I make a poached salmon dish with an orange and black olive relish but I love the idea of cauliflower and orange!
Sounds like a great combination!
I made this recipe because it looks delicious I could not figure out how to be on high in the instant pot then on low So I just set it for 6 mins then after a minute I turned it off and still the veggies were cooked too long Next time I would just do the steaming on the stove Trying to figure out this instant pot Thanks for recipe
Laura, ma sei una specialista con la pentola a pressione!
Non mi resta che imparare…
Hai postato delle ricette davvero sfiziose; a quanto pare lo studio sara’ intenso e gustoso.
A prestissimo perche’ non manchero’ di chiederti consiglio.
Benvenuta e grazie!
Going to repin this for the future–sounds interesting and terrific!
Danielle, why wait? Make it tonight! ; )
The pressure cooker make the veggies too mushy =I am new to Instant Pot, Next time I would just steam veggies for a few minutes on stove top. Vinaigrette was delicious Thanks